Some Young Punks: The vineyard
Posted on April 23 2018
By Tom Jenkins.
Spread across multiple sights around Adelaide, South Australia, Some Young Punks produce vibrant and charismatic wines influenced by the best of old and new world styles. The region it sits in is characterised by warm to hot Summer days and cool to cold nights that slow down the ripening process.
Friends Colin McBryde, Jen Gardner and Nic Bourke are the trio of "Punks" in charge of wine making at Some Young Punks. Their contemporary approach means minimal use of oak and short ferments to retain maximum punchy vibrancy. “Each time we make a wine”, they say, “it may be the last wine we make – and if it isn’t worthy of being the last then it will never wear the Some Young Punks name.”
The Punks currently supply 5 labels:
- Passion Has Red Lips a McLaren Vale Cabernet and Shiraz blend
- Naked On Roller Skates a McLaren Vale Shiraz and Mataro blend
- Quickie an Adelaide Hills Sauvignon Blanc
- The Squids Fist a Clare Valley Sangiovese and Shiraz blend
- Monsters Monsters Attack a Clare Valley Riesling