No-one needs tannins, while they’re tanning. So, we’ve put together a bundle of the lightest, low tannin reds from around the world. Gamay from Beaujolais, Cotes de Rhone Grenache, Pinot Noir from Bourgogne, Californian Zinfandel, Primitivo from Puglia and South African Pinotage. Drink lightly chilled with the barbecue or cosied around the fire pit. However you enjoy your red’s, we know you’ll love this selection.
Contents of case:
- • 1 x Domaines André Aubert Côtes du Rhône AOC La Serine - Classic southern Rhône Syrah and Grenache blend, medium weight, rich & juicy dark fruit flavour and a little peppery spice.
- 1 x Jean Baptiste Jessiaume Bourgogne Pinot Noir - A ruby colour with a very fine and fruity bouquet (basket of red berries). Supple with fine tannins in the mouth. This is a balanced wine with a style that is very representative of its grape variety.
- 1 x McManis Family Vineyards - Californian Zinfandel - Aromas of ripe red currants and fresh strawberries, the wine is medium dark purple. Loaded with notes of ripe red currant, strawberry, caramelized sugar and toasty oak. The savoury red fruit on the palate leads to soft, supple tannins and a smooth finish.
- 1 x Domaine de Milhomme Beaujolais AOC - True Beaujolais from a small, local producer. Soft and juicy Gamay with the flavours of summer fruits. One of those reds you can serve slightly cool - perfect summer drinking. The ripe summer fruit flavours excel with delicatessen meats.
- 1 x Primitivo Terre di Montelusa - A soft and juicy, medium-bodied red wine packed with spicy red fruit aromas and flavours. Easy drinking, and pairs nicely with red meats, pasta with tomato sauces, medium to mature cheeses or charcuterie.
- 1 x Rickety Bridge Pinotage - Red fruit forward with black and blueberry flavours in the background while the light oaking accentuates flavours of red currants and blue berries. A velvety palate with well-integrated tannins which are supported by subtle smokiness leading into a lingering juicy finish.