A wonderful selection of wines to celebrate every moment of your Christmas Day from start to finish.
Contents of case:
- 1 x Gusbourne Estate Blanc de Blancs Vintage English Sparkling Wine in Gift Box - Pale golden in colour, with a fine mousse. The nose is full of ripe citrus, pink grapefruit and pear, with white floral notes. On the palate, the wine shows generous fruit flavours, highlighting ripe lemon, nectarine and crunchy green apple, with a flinty, saline minerality. Toasted brioche, shortbread and hazelnut notes build layers of complexity, adding to an elegance and energy that combine to create a beautiful example of Blanc de Blancs.
- 1 x Gusbourne Estate Brut Rose Vintage English Sparkling Wine in Gift Box – Delicate, pale and light pink in appearance, the nose brims with more intense aromas of soft summer berries, wild strawberry and developed fresh pastry notes. There is a floral character to this wine, which combines beautifully with the soft red fruits, cranberry, and ripe cherries, on the palate. A vibrant citrus streak appears on the finish, which is persistent, tightly driven and focussed.
- 1 x Bolney Estate Pinot Noir - A beautiful cool climate English Pinot Noir. This rich English red is well-balanced with ripe red fruits, coffee and smoky aromas. Leather and earthy notes complement cherry and dark chocolate, with a complexity that makes this red perfect for ageing.
- 1 x Paddy Borthwick Paper Road Pinot Noir - A multi award winning soft, juicy, savoury, medium-bodied red wine with cherry, plum, cranberry and cedar notes on the nose, black cherry, red fruit and clove notes on the palate. Easy drinking, and pairs superbly with poultry, pork, lamb and mild to medium cheeses.
- 1 x Baronne du Chatelard – Pouilly-Fuissé - This 100% chardonnay comes from hillside vineyards, grown on stony or clay soils in the south Mâconnais. It reveals perfectly the typicity of these exceptional terroirs. Yellow, with golden glints you’ll get citrus, almond and white fruits on the nose with vanilla and cream on the palate and a fresh, long finish.
- 1 x Dog Point Chardonnay - Dog Point’s Chardonnay has a dainty nose with white peach, honey, almond paste, ginger and zesty orange citrus, complemented by stuck-match complexity and fresh bread. Tight without being lean, this has delicious acidity and an intense citrus-driven palate. An intensely flavoured yet youthful and lively vintage for Dog Point Chardonnay.
- 1 x Rock Angel Cotes de Provence Rosé – A very pale and sophisticated pink, yet with complexity and style to provide a delicious compatibility with a broad range of fine cuisine.
- 1 x Ultimate Provence Rosé – The beauty of this wine extends from the bottle to the contents. Layers of raspberry, strawberry fruit in the nose invite you to a gorgeous, yet spicy palate. A fresh wine with great acidity for food pairing, but roundness to enjoy on its own. If you only have one bottle to bring – this is the ultimate wine for any occasion.
- 1 x Royal Tokaji Blue Label 5 Puttonyos Aszu - A 'not to be missed' award winning Hungarian dessert wine with apricot, honey, orange marmalade and sweet spice notes. If you like sweet and savoury pair with foie gras, or cheese, or try with chocolate or fruit desserts if you have a sweet tooth.
- 1 x Royal Tokaji Late Harvest - An award winning sweet white wine with apricot, white peach, quince and lime citrus notes. Pairs well with hot spicy dishes, particularly Thai cuisine.
- 1 x Porto Pocas 10 Year Old Tawny Port 75cl - Tawny colour. Woody bouquet of dried fruits and raisins. Fruity and well matched with the wood. Full-bodied, irresistible and complex, with a long lasting finish of dried plums. It should be served at room temperature 18ºC/64ºF or slightly chilled. Ideal as a dessert or convivial wine. Pairs well with stilton, blue veined French cheese, walnuts or a treacle tart.
- 1 x Porto Pocas White Port 75cl - Straw yellow colour, very refreshing, citrus and tropical flavours of pineapple and banana. Well-balanced and refined, smooth with a long-lasting finish. Excellent aperitif or with smooth cheeses, dried fruits, almonds, and olives. Should be served chilled 10°C/50°F.