A wonderful selection of wines to celebrate every moment of your Christmas Day from start to finish.
Contents of case:
- 1 x Gusbourne Estate Blanc de Blancs Vintage English Sparkling Wine in Gift Box - Pale golden in colour, with a fine mousse. The nose is full of ripe citrus, pink grapefruit and pear, with white floral notes. On the palate, the wine shows generous fruit flavours, highlighting ripe lemon, nectarine and crunchy green apple, with a flinty, saline minerality. Toasted brioche, shortbread and hazelnut notes build layers of complexity, adding to an elegance and energy that combine to create a beautiful example of Blanc de Blancs.
- 1 x Baronne du Chatelard – Pouilly-Fuissé - This 100% chardonnay comes from hillside vineyards, grown on stony or clay soils in the south Mâconnais. It reveals perfectly the typicity of these exceptional terroirs. Yellow, with golden glints you’ll get citrus, almond and white fruits on the nose with vanilla and cream on the palate and a fresh, long finish.
- 1 x Ultimate Provence Rosé – The beauty of this wine extends from the bottle to the contents. Layers of raspberry, strawberry fruit in the nose invite you to a gorgeous, yet spicy palate. A fresh wine with great acidity for food pairing, but roundness to enjoy on its own. If you only have one bottle to bring – this is the ultimate wine for any occasion.
- 1 x Paddy Borthwick Paper Road Pinot Noir - A multi award winning soft, juicy, savoury, medium-bodied red wine with cherry, plum, cranberry and cedar notes on the nose, black cherry, red fruit and clove notes on the palate. Easy drinking, and pairs superbly with poultry, pork, lamb and mild to medium cheeses.
- 1 x Royal Tokaji Blue Label 5 Puttonyos Aszu - A 'not to be missed' award winning Hungarian dessert wine with apricot, honey, orange marmalade and sweet spice notes. If you like sweet and savoury pair with foie gras, or cheese, or try with chocolate or fruit desserts if you have a sweet tooth.
- 1 x Porto Pocas 10 Year Old Tawny Port 75cl - Tawny colour. Woody bouquet of dried fruits and raisins. Fruity and well matched with the wood. Full-bodied, irresistible and complex, with a long lasting finish of dried plums. It should be served at room temperature 18ºC/64ºF or slightly chilled. Ideal as a dessert or convivial wine. Pairs well with stilton, blue veined French cheese, walnuts or a treacle tart.