This is just about the finest selection of wines that we have to offer, for the more discerning dinner party connoisseur. Gusbourne Estate Blanc de Noirs is crisp, light and a delicious aperitif to get your evening off to the perfect start. Chateau Minuty is synonymous with high quality Cotes de Provence Rosé and the 281 really is no exception. Who can argue that the buttery taste of a French chardonnay isn’t the ideal accompaniment to most starters and salads and the oaky finish will leave a lingering taste long into the main course. The powerful, yet smooth and unparalleled taste of Barolo will pair well with all manner of meaty main courses or can be saved to enjoy with your cheese board if you have the room. Finishing with tasters’ choice of a 20 year old Ferreira red port or the Oremus Tokaji Aszú 5 Puttonyos from Tempos Vega Sicilia, Hungarian dessert wine at it’s very best. From us, to you, we truly hope you love this hand picked selection.
Contents of case:
- 1 x Gusbourne Estate Blanc de Noirs Vintage English Sparkling Wine - Our most recent sparkling wine release, Gusbourne Blanc de Noirs, is made from our finest parcels of Pinot Noir. The wine is aged for a minimum of twenty seven months on lees and six months on cork before we deem it ready for release. Displaying great finesse in the glass, our Blanc de Noirs is expressive on the nose with fine-tuned notes of dried candied fruits and violet flower. It is characteristically deep and complex, rich and powerful. It is a wine that holds your attention with serious appeal. There is a real intensity and weight on the palate, but the balance is such that it remains delicate and neat on the refreshing and long, persistent finish.
- 1 x Chateau Minuty 281 - The pale hue and translucent reflections of this rosé heralds a delicate wine with an intense and complex bouquet. The fineness of white fruit aromas is disclosed through iodine notes, giving it a unique character. Strong intensity with beautiful complexity and an aromatic fineness of white fruit, accentuated by iodine notes. Great depth of flavour with a mineral structure.
- 1 x Domaine Alain Chavy Puligny Montrachet Vieilles Vignes - Alain Chavy's Puligny Montrachet is bursting with ripe tropical fruit characteristics, balanced by a concentrated limey acidity and lick of spicy oak.
- 1 x Cordero di Montezemolo Monfalletto Barolo DOCG - A powerful, intense, rich, juicy full-bodied red wine. Pungent aromas of roses, violets and spice on the nose, with cherry, dark chocolate, raspberry, tobacco and a hint of truffle on the palate. Pair with beef, venison, wild boar, duck, pigeon or strong cheeses.
- 1 x Ferreira Dona Antonia 20 Year Old Tawny Port 75cl in Gift Box - An intense bouquet showing the character of well-balanced maturing through oxidation: dry fruits, spices and a hint of ripe fruit and marmalade. In the mouth it is a full-bodied, delicate, soft, velvety and lingering wine. In spite of its age it has a marked and well-balanced freshness.
- 1 x Oremus Tokaji Aszú 5 Puttonyos 50cl – Intense flavours of ripe peaches and apricots flow seamlessly into a midpalate of stem ginger and hazelnut praline, all cut through by a laser-like seam of acidity.